That antenna looks similar to the Telewave antenna we (EMROG) were going to put up on one of the other TV towers. Maybe 8-10 years ago we had the opportunity to move the 145.49 repeater from where it is now to Dewalt. First they wanted the county to have $1M insurance coverage, and they said no problem. Then the insurance coverage requirement got bumped up to $10M, and they said forget it.

73
John Denison
KD5YOU

On 5/22/2023 8:57 AM, Ambrose E Fawcett III via BVARC wrote:
If you will go to youtube.com/@Pump8607 up near the front of the list is a video of putting up a new
antenna for the 34/94 repeater.

The first repeater in Houston was the 28/88 repeater, I think the story about it is on the BVARC web page.

Pump,
WA5CYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Medlin via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
To: bvarc@bvarc.org <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: Chris Medlin <ctmed...@outlook.com>
Sent: Sun, May 21, 2023 7:46 pm
Subject: [BVARC] 34/94 details

Does anyone have the technical details of the 34/94 repeater? Which tower, ant elev (I believe its 900’?), repeater details, ID’er, etc?

I grew up with my dad always homebrewing repeaters and building/running/troubleshooting/repairing repeaters, so I’m always interested to hear all the details about them when i move to a new area. Also, i noticed the repeater specs were not on the website. If possible, I think that would be a great addition for people like me looking for such details.

Thanks!!
73/Chris
AC5CM

Typos brought to you by iPhone