Thank you for the map. This is great information and helps me in identifying which repeater to look for. Hoping to talk you all on air soon.

Venkata Appala KJ5BVS

On Jul 12, 2023, at 4:48 PM, Mike Hardwick <n5...@att.net> wrote:

The book is helpful but it doesn't always show how tall the repeater's antenna is or what the coverage may be. With only a handheld in Fulshear, it will be difficult to reach the majority of the repeaters. The closest one is in Katy at 8 miles away, Richmond at 12 miles away. The repeater that BVARC members are on is 24 miles away. I made a quick map of the repeaters that are closest to you and some of the Houston repeaters. You may be able to hear some of the repeaters close to you but an outside antenna would work much better.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call.

Mike
N5VCX
713-826-6917

<1689198473506blob.jpg>

On Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 04:03:57 PM CDT, Venkata Appala via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:

Thank you for the information David. I will check it out right away.

Venkata Appala KJ5BVS

> On Jul 12, 2023, at 3:52 PM, David Kunetka via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:
>
> Easiest way to find frequencies you would like to monitor is through Repeater Book. Is an online app. Download the app. Put in a radius (10 mile, 50 miles etc)to see what repeaters are near you. Gives you the CTCSS and DCS codes too.
>
> 3’s
>
> David K
> KI5TEB
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Jul 12, 2023, at 3:30 PM, Venkata Appala via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:
>>
>> Afternoon,
>>        I am a new Ham( got my tech license yesterday) and got my first HT today. I am wondering if there are any frequencies I can monitor to listen in and understand the various intricacies involved in amateur radio. I live in Fulshear which is further west to Katy and not sure if there are any repeaters that reach this side of town.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> 73
>> Venkata Appala KJ5BVS

<1689198473506blob.jpg>