When we are at the Fulshear Farmers Market, we can receive the 145.49 repeater at about 1/2 scale on the S meter with a mobile radio in a car. This is with a Larsen 2/70 mag mount on the roof. An HT will most likely have a lower performance, especially if you use the stock antenna. I don't remember trying to reach the 147.200 repeater in Katy other than when my antenna was at 23 or 40 feet above the ground. HTs can surprise you sometimes if you find a sweet spot in your yard. If you have time, please join us at the Fulshear Farmers Market this coming Saturday, and we can run through various frequencies. We will be there Saturday from 9 to 1.

73
John Denison
KD5YOU