in the 70s the music and video industry tried to prevent piracy by
encrypting their music and movies.  they barely got the first CDs out the
door before there was a program free on the internet to crack the
encryption.  the military already encrypts their transmissions.  we are not
allowed to encrypt but everyone else is. I assume that the television
industry wants to protect their copyrights on streaming channels and that
as soon as it is done there will be a crack for it.  definitely not an end
to Ham as we know it.
Marc.