I must say that POTA is what drove me to buy the HF gear I have now, POTA was
the driving force for me to join this club.

Also if I drag my radio, battery, computer out to a park, you bet I'm going to
use my call on my gear.

Rudy Ackerman
KF5QYG

On Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 04:48:34 PM CST, Eddie Runner via BVARC
<bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:

Im sorry to hear that .. I think POTA is amazing and fills so many blanks for
BVARC and the Ham radio community...

1) can you ever beat a beautiful day in the park
2) be a catch (cause a pileup)
3) Afternoon with some great friends
4) opportunity to welcome new folks to HAM and to BVARC..

Suzanne and I bought BVARC banners and other stuff out of our own pockets
to help bring the POTA MASTERS in as a BVARC EVENT.. All has been working
great as far as I knew..

I have posted on this before I think,
but again at the last BOARD meeting there was
some questions about using the club call, about illegal operations and other
questions a board member(s) posed..    even though the board did
set a budget to help POTA ..  the masters felt disrespected and .. well

The POTA MASTERS got butt hurt...
I dont blame them, they dont use BVARC equipment, they use their own radios
(and other volunteer radios)..

Like I said before, BVARC NEEDS POTA, more then POTA needs BVARC.
POTA is super popular, I think our board members and especially our PRESIDENT
needs to be kissin some POTA  A*S...!!

These POTA guys are SUPERSTARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BVARC needs to make this a priority..
If you do not agree or do not understand POTA
please GO TO POTA EVENT..  it is true ham radio at its finest..

I ask our board to REALIZE how important this is,
buy a couple POTA radios, really make it a BVARC EVENT support these guys..

And I ask our POTA MASTERS to take the stupid abuse for a minute
and forgive the MORONS that hurt your feelings and lets have some fun..

Eddie Runner (NU5K)
in the last year a lot of folks seem to get hurt feelings.. WISE UP BOD..
we need to welcome folks not run them off..