Lower bands are not good.  CW only here and I can only reach  upper WI on
my beam  and must use 100W to do so. QSB is a thing.

On 40M on either my vertical or my OCF up 55ft. I need about 600W to have
folks on east or west coast copy me well.  QSB is still a thing.

I can't say about SSB as I am a cw rag chewer and don't even know where my
mic is....   YMMV

73
Phil
W2OZB
"I only drop words that give the sentence meaning."