On 5/22/14, 1:43 AM, Lei Shi wrote:
Hello, everyone

This patch include two major change groups. one is fixing the dns lookup issue
due to dummy dns information of a
disconnected adapter(in my case is a bluetooth adapter). I changed the dns
lookup policy to try GetNetworkParams first
because the GetNetworkParams provides the most reliable dns information(lots of
checks were done by system).
I also filter out inoperable adapter in DNS_AdaptersAddresses in case
GetNetworkParams fail.
the other is explicit invoke ANSI version Win32 API in case compile c-ares in
unicode environment.

Best Wishes
Lei Shi.

I just had a report of a similar issue from a customer complaining that DNS
lookups were slow across multiple
machines running c-ares 1.10.0, but not from machines running much older
versions of c-ares 1.5.3.  I haven't
fully investigated since I don't have access to their machines, but it is very
likely in their environment that
they could have some disabled interfaces with bogus server addresses which this
patch appears to address.   I
know c-ares completely changed the way windows DNS servers are looked up
between those versions.

I checked the Git repo and it doesn't appear a patch similar to this ever made
it upstream.  Did this get
dropped?  Has anyone else tested this patch and found it to be improper, or if
there was a better way
to handle it?

Thanks.
-Brad