On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, tomas pospisek wrote:

> > If you are using a modern c-client, then mail_append_full() does not set "O"
> > status, and something else must be doing it.  If you have the mailbox open
> > when you do the append, then that "something else" is the open mail stream.
>
> Oh. OK, I'll check the programm and make sure it's not appending while it
> has the box open.

Let me see, if I understand this right. mail_append_full has the following
syntax:

long mail_append_full (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *mailbox,char *flags,
                       char *date, STRING *message);

Are you saying that I should be appending to a _closed_ stream?

Btw - I note that pine apparently falls into the same pithole as me, since
if I write a message to myself from within pine it gets "Status: O",
even before I even see it in the index.

*t

    ma