On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Frode Nordahl wrote:
I'd like tmail to check if a account is expired before attempting to deliver mail to it.

tmail does not currently do this. I feel that the harm to a site which does not want it done is too great, so I don't think that I will make this change.

Account expiration is generally a point at which user access to an account is shut off, and is not necessary the same as account termination.

Since you have tmail sources, you are welcome to make the change in your own copy of tmail.

Is it really necessary for tmail to make such verbose logs under normal operation? :-)

The level of tmail logging is controlled by the syslog configuration file for the LOG_MAIL facility. Most of the tmail "babble" type messages are at LOG_INFO level (which is also the level at which sendmail "babbles"), with warnings and errors at LOG_WARNING or LOG_ERR.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.