On Sep 24, 2004, at 21:14, David B Funk wrote:
I agree that you would not want to make this behaivor the default but why
not make it an additional command line option?

Or even a compile time option, since this will most likelly not be supported on all platforms.

(I don't know which, but I'm sure there are platforms that does not have PAM nor concepts of account expiration)

I'll have a go on this and provide some patches.

For PAM users it will also have the nice effect of being able to put in added functionality through PAM (pam_mkhomedir springs to mind).

I'm sure others might find some use for this, but it should of course be a optional feature.

If it's just "babble" why not make it "LOG_DEBUG"? We keep LOG_INFO mail
entries for transaction records, use LOG_DEBUG for debugging/monitoring.

I'll second that. Most daemons on my system send such info to LOG_DEBUG.

A single line to LOG_INFO stating that the mail was delivered, or a single line to LOG_WARNING / LOG_ERR, stating that it wasn't would suffice.

Mvh,
Frode Nordahl

#include <std_disclaimer.h>