(However
> > stylebook does not interfere with anything else). However, I don't
mind!
> > :-)
>
> Yeah, I know it doesn't really matter for Stylebook, I'm just trying
> move towards what I personally consider a better practice for Ant
build
> systems: not requiring the user to copy any libraries in
$ANT_HOME/lib.

> More important than Stylebook is Checkstyle. Since the version of
> Checkstyle I need to build Cactus is so bleeding-edge and incompatible
> with the previous released versions, I can't use the same
checkstyle.jar
> for builds of Cactus and build of my other projects. But because the
> Cactus build requires checkstyle.jar on java.class.path, I sort of
need
> to keep 2 separate installations of Ant.

Agreed. This is exactly what I have. Actually I have several installs of
Ant (which isn't a problem for me):

jakarta-ant-1.5.1
jakarta-ant-cactus-1.5
jakarta-ant-cactus-1.4

Then, in my project I have an ant.bat file with:

@echo off

set ANT_HOME=c:\apps\jakarta-ant-1.5-cactus
set PATH=%ANT_HOME%\bin;%PATH%

call %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant.bat %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

> > Anyway, there is still a problem I think with the current
implementation
> > of stylebook.jar in the build.xmls. The stylebook jar that is
specified
> > in the global build.properties will *not* get passed to the
> > documentation subproject build. This is slightly complex to do as it
> > must be passed only if stylebook.jar is defined.
>
> Hmm, not sure I understand. Why doesn't it get passed?

        <ant target="dist" antfile="documentation/build.xml"
            inheritAll="false">

            <property file="build.properties" />
            <property file="${user.home}/build.properties" />
        </ant>

inheritAll is false (voluntarily).

-Vincent