On 8/20/05, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - We have to move to SVN anyway as this is an Apache directive and we're
> asked to migrate quickly . I don't remember the exact deadline but it's not
> in a very long time (a few months).

End of the year, though my target is to wrap everything up by the
December ApacheCon.

> - The cvs2svn script used to migrate to SVN does not loose history AFAIK.

Yep, history stays by default.

> - See http://apache.org/dev/cvs2svn.html for a migration checklist
>
> - Henri Yandell will be very happy to help as he's been pushing us to
> migrate for some time... I'm cc-ing him even though I'm sure he would catch
> this email without the cc... :-)

It would have taken a few more days. I browse the dev mail lists for
interesting topics in gmail, but takes a while to do a full loop.

> - We have already voted for the SVN migration so we just need to do it.

I've loaded a snapshot of Cactus into the test repository.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/jakarta/cactus/

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/test/jakarta/cactus/trunk jakarta-cactus

Have a look and decide if:

* It looks like everything is there (branches etc) and it still works
(ignoring the CVS change report)
* You're happy with the default structure of branches/tags/trunk. Most
of the ASF projects use this, with the difference usually being
because they have subprojects of some kind (commons, turbine, taglibs
etc).

It also gives a everyone a chance to figure out how they want to
connect to subversion (IDE, gui, command line, tortoise etc etc) and
give it a go.

Then we just need to decide when to make the change. It looks like
it'll be nice routine easy one.

Hen