Very cool! Here are some informations:

1/ the code is located in CVS in jakarta-cactus/integration/ant/src/java
and jakarta-cactus/integration/ant/src/test.

2/ the Ant tasks themselves (e.g. CactusTask) are in the
o.a.c.integration.ant package.

3/ the nested container elements <resin3x>, etc are located in
o.a.c.i.a.container.*

4/ I'm not too sure to implement the feature. The best solution is
probably to create a startcontainer/stopcontainer tasks (or a single
<run> task with an action attribute) in o.a.c.i.a package and let it
accept a nested AbstractContainer element. The other option would be to
directly try to reuse the existing container elements as top level Ant
tasks but adding to them an action attribute (action="start|stop"). It
may require other attributes. The first solution is probably cleaner.

Let me know if you need more guidance.

Thanks
-Vincent

> Thanks,
>
> Matt
>
> On Feb 24, 2004, at 5:42 PM, Matt Raible wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the link Vincent.  To be honest, I'd rather use the
> > <cactus> task since I know that works, and I can use that for Cactus
> > tests.  But for running my JSP tests (with Canoo's webtest), I start
> > tomcat, run the tests, and then stop it.  I'm trying to do the same
> > thing for resin and then have an ant property that allows users to
> > easily switch between tomcat and resin.
> >
> > Here's what I have.  The start.resin target works fine, but the
> > stop.resin target just hangs (when called in <runservertests>).
> >
> >     <!--
> > -->
> >     <!--            Start Resin
> >       -->
> >     <!--
> > -->
> >     <target name="start.resin"
> >         description="starts resin in current console window">
> >
> >         <java classname="org.apache.cactus.ant.ResinRun" fork="yes">
> >             <arg value="-start"/>
> >             <jvmarg
> > value="-Djava.util.logging.manager=com.caucho.log.LogManagerImpl"/>
> >
> >             <classpath>
> >                 <path refid="cactus.classpath"/>
> >                 <fileset dir="${env.RESIN_HOME}/lib"
includes="*.jar"/>
> >             </classpath>
> >         </java>
> >     </target>
> >
> >     <!--
> > -->
> >     <!--            Stop Resin
> >       -->
> >     <!--
> > -->
> >     <target name="stop.resin" description="stops resin">
> >
> >         <java classname="org.apache.cactus.ant.ResinRun" fork="yes">
> >             <arg value="-stop"/>
> >             <jvmarg
> > value="-Djava.util.logging.manager=com.caucho.log.LogManagerImpl"/>
> >
> >             <classpath>
> >                 <path refid="cactus.classpath"/>
> >                 <fileset dir="${env.RESIN_HOME}/lib"
includes="*.jar"/>
> >             </classpath>
> >         </java>
> >     </target>
> >
> > Also, I like the <cactus> task, but I can't use it to test both
Tomcat

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-cactus/integration/ant/src/
> >> scr
> >> ipts/share/build-tests-resin2x.xml?rev=1.6&view=auto (it's for
Resin
> >> 2.x). FYI, that's the old scripts we were using before we migrated
> >> the <cactus> task.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent

path="${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar"/>