Hi Mike,

If you really want to try the tutorial as is without surprise I recommend
using the suggest container, i.e. Tomcat 4.x (this is the first note of the
page: "This tutorial applies to Cactus 1.4 or greater and Tomcat 4.0 or
greater.").

Now if you're already familiar with Cactus and you want to make it work with
JBoss 4.0 I have no idea but your problem seem to be one of classpath.

In order to help you we would need the full stack trace.

You're using the ServletTestRunner to start the Cactus tests, right?
Are you using the J2EE 1.4 API or the 1.3 one (Cactus currently supports the
1.3 one only even though we have started implementing it for 1.4 and it's in
1.7 but it's not tested and not officially supported).

Also, make sure you copy *all* Cactus-required libraries (for example the
commons-httpclient version used in Cactus may be a newer version than the
one shipped with JBoss 4.0.1).

Thanks
-Vincent