From: Petar Tahchiev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 May 2008 13:23
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: Re: Tests that take a long time to execute

Hi Adam,

the only thing that comes to my mind is that you can try to do that
asynchronously.
The user clicks on a button and then a message
"Test execution started. Please see your email for the test results."
is displayed. After the tests finish the execution an email(or any other
notification) is sent.

Cheers, Petar.

2008/5/22, Adam Retter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Chaps,
>

> We have a set of JUnit tests that we run in 3 different scenarios -
>

> 1)       During development i.e. from Eclipse or Ant etc
>

> 2)       As part of building a release of our application (Ant)
>

> 3)       From the web-applicaton itself, a user clicks a button on a
> webpage (Using a custom driver that simply using reflection run's each
> method whose name starts "test" and just records if any of them fails
> and shows an overall success of failure message)
>

> The Problem - for scenario 3, this used to work fine as the tests
> completed fairly quickly, but now after massive expansion of the
tests,
> these tests can take up to 30 minutes to complete. In the current
> scenario the user will get a "HTTP Request timed out" error like
message
> before the tests complete.
>

> I am wondering if there is a solution in to this in the Cactus project
> some how?
>

> Otherwise I envisaged creating some sort of Servlet that runs the
JUnit
> tests and acts as a datasource to an AJAX enabled webpage that polls
the
> Servlet for status and which tests have passed or failed and updates
> appropriately.
>

> Thanks Adam
>

> Adam Retter
>

> Landmark Information Group Ltd
> 5-7 Abbey Court
> Eagle Way
> Sowton Industrial Estate
> Exeter
> Devon
> EX2 7HY
>

> t: +44(0)1392 685403
>
> w: http://www.landmarkinfo.co.uk
>

> Registered Office: 7 Abbey Court, Eagle Way, Sowton, Exeter, Devon,
EX2 7HY

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

EOOXML Objections
http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections

Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C311061
1
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611

Registered Office: 7 Abbey Court, Eagle Way, Sowton, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7HY
Registered Number 2892803 Registered in England and Wales

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to
legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy,
distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take any
action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable precautions have
been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Landmark Information
Group Limited cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the
use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that you subject these to
your virus checking procedures prior to use.