Hi all,
I am having a problem with the invalidate function.
I am invalidating a field before saving but the form is still saving.
Here's the relevant code.

I also checked the content of $this->Person before saving and
invalidate did make an entry in it.

Any ideas?

$duplicate = $this->Person->hasAny( array( 'Person.first_name' =>
$this->params['data']['Person']['first_name'],

'Person.last_name' =>
$this->data['Person']['last_name'] ) );

            if ($duplicate) {

                $this->Person->invalidate('first_name');
            }
                        if ($this->Person->save($this->data))
                        {
                                $this->Session->setFlash('Your person has been
saved.');
                                $this->redirect('/people');
                        }
                        else
                        {
                                $this->set('data', $this->params['data']);
                                $this->render();