I am having a bit of a problem with using an external library with Cake.

I have a page that uses a 3rd party class to generate a map.  I am porting this page from plain old PHP scripting into my cake environment.

The class works correctly when just being run in a standard PHP file.  But as soon as I include (via vendor or require, tried both) in my Cake environment I have problems with the file_get_contents() function.

This is the warning that comes up....

Warning: file_get_contents(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration

And the map will not load.  The "file" which is a parameter of the above function is actually a URL to an external site.

The server configuration shouldn't be at fault because on the same server the map loads with just a regular PHP script.

I have even tried moving all of the executated code dealing with the class creation and parameters to the view and it still gives the same error.

Has anyone else had problems using something like file_get_contents() or have any insight on this?