Thanks, Felix, you're right it's an incredibly complex question,
especially with rails where you can host it under mod_ruby, fastcgi,
lighthttpd with fastcgi, mongrel, etc.  I guess I was just wondering if
someone had some some benchmarking similar to what Zed with with
Symphony/rails/Django to get some comparisions.  I agree I wouldn't
want to try because it is so complex :^).  As far as which language
that's a tough one.  As an all around scripting language I love Ruby.
As a web language, I like them both so that's a toss up.  I've been
doing some reading and I really like the persisten models, I could see
that really helping.  I would also run it under something like php
accelerator.