Sorry if it sounds like I made that assumption -- I guess my question
was a little too broad and the title a bit sensational.

To focus my question a little further, I pointed out that in the
Sanitize->html function, a simple find and replace was done on certain
characters.  My (very basic) understanding of XSS attacks is that they
will often evade filters by using certain characters that can be
expressed with patterns not caught by the filter, but when rendered,
are considered the same.

To say that cleanArray is the end-all solution to XSS attacks is silly,
I agree :)  I'm more interested in the particular issue I pointed out
-- using characters not caught by the regular expression in
Sanitize->html -- and whether or not such an attack would be foiled by
cleanArray.  My feeling is that it would not, but I don't know enough
about XSS attacks to craft one that would use these other characters.

Thanks for the response Sam.