Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply!  I checked on 3 different browsers (2 different OS's) and get the same behavior - so it's not a browser issue.

This is on a shared web host (jatol.com ).  What should I ask them about the server supporting setting cookies?

Thanks,
Zach

On 8/9/06, Mark Quinn < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/9/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Has anyone ever had this happen to their urls before?
>
> http://www.site.com/controller/action?CAKEPHP=d550b7b78dbfe545d4afeda95d470eaa

sounds like the session has been unable to use cookies and has had to
fall back to using a "URL rewriting" technique to maintain session
identity by adding a variable to the query string.

check that web server (and any gateway or proxies) supports setting
cookies and that the browser is accepting them.