Hi AD7six,

> Sure you can, it´ll be in the variable $_SESSION.
...in case php is configured for session autostart.

> It would introduce a couple of additional complexities - but the
> duplication of your sql query cache is likely to be less of a problem
> than rendering a file in the wrong language ;)
agree ;)

> To get around the sql cache you would probably need to override in your
> app_model _clearCache method such that it clears all version of the
> cache when something gets deleted or updated.
ok

> You would only need to copy the folder structure once for each none
> default language. The method cache saves relative to the constant CACHE
> so you wouldn´t need to make any code changes.
I understand, but I'm maybe talking more about principles then about
quick-solution-for-quick-forget and I really don't want to code apps in
CakePHP with knowledge my non-localized data (like table descriptions,
persistent models, several cache() calls...) are cached on several
places just because of user's language choice.

> Anyway, if you want to use cache with urls that don´t indicate the
> language, and in the absence of another opinion/solution I´m out of
> ideas ;)
Thank You for Your time, AD7six,  I appreciate this. I started this
thread just for collecting other people solutions and opinions BEFORE I
will start play with caching of views in internationalized app.

Off course I will morely like to have lang shortcut at start of my URL,
as I will not have to care about search engines which doesn't follows
http redirects (like my own indexer) etc. I just want to know all
problems which other people already fighted with and are willing to
share those experiences. You know, I'm talking about app with quite
heavily usage of plugins, multiple validation rules (and therefore
multiple possible error messages for one field), cached structures etc.
This app is not visited by thousands users/day so I don't need caching
of views in this time, but I would like to implement it later. LATER
means some time after nate's promised changes in router, as I'm quite
curious how will above solution with language in URL interfere with
admin/bare/webservices/plugins default/user-defined routes.

Excuse me, please, if I'm not able to express myself so perfect in en
:)

Thanks again and have a nice day!

mouth