please help me with these newbie questions:

1) do I  have to have a default.thtml for my entire site? because right
now I just stuck my files as they are in webroot and I have no template
or layout files. Is that bad cake? the reason for this is that I
haven't gotten to data-driven pages yet.

2) what do you if you want repeatable sections of PURE html (eg headers
and footers etc) in their own file? I just want to extract the
display in a particular iframe into a separate file.

3) Once you create a layout, how do you use it if it doesn't need a
controller and a model because it isn't data-driven? what would you
call the controller in that case? And how would you access the
controller / layout?

4) failing all the above, does anyone have a tutorial for using cake
with NON-CAKE files please!! I get the mvc stuff but I just don't get
how to use the framework for cases where there IS NO MODEL. The cakephp
manual completely circumvents this issue but this is how most ppl will
convert their sites (slowly) to cakephp.

:-(

pls help...