> The above message from you to the list is almost a flame. Well, it is a
> flame.

I disagree.

> On purely neutral grounds -- as I would tend to agree with your opinion
> on this topic -- I've found that things work out better in a mailing
> list if people refrain from writing flames and almost-flames.

What I expressed was a strong opinion, which goes to the core of the
philosophy of this project, as well as my belief (which I stand by)
that people who do not agree with the philosophy of the project should
not use it.

Further, the expression of that opinion was not about or directed
towards any one person.  Rather, it was directed towards an idea, and
idea which runs counter to the philosophy of this project.  Once again,
this project has a very specific philosophy, and as such, very strong
opinions.  Therein lies the problem: it is difficult, if not
impossible, to have strong opinions without upsetting some people or
offending their sensibilities.  However, this is something I'm willing
to deal with.

Such is life.