hi

after trying both Eclipse and Emacs, I finally came back using Scite.

I first went to Eclipse for actionscript programming and swf comiling
without macromedia Flash (see http://osflash.org). but I really find
it too big, I don't need so much features, and I still don't
understand anything to the whole...

about emacs, I've been hearing of its power, and trying it sometimes
for years now, but without much success. Then I took a month to really
learn the way it works and the shortcuts and all. Finally, I found
that the multiple modes (PHP/HTML/JS ...) was weird and that emacs
wasn't really worth the time investment, at least when it comes to web
programming...

Scite is rather cool. it's easy to setup highlighting and all, and you
can customize it a lot.

++++++
clément