On 9/27/06, Sonic Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you God, Budda, The Universe, and every other representation of the
> higher power for influencing Chris into making this post.

It was a bit of serendipity really that led me to doing it, and I'm
glad I could help you out.  However, I feel it important to point out
that adherance to standards for adherance's sake is a common and
dangerous practice for developers.

Martin Schapendonk correctly pointed out WHY it's a good idea to keep
all the business logic in the models instead of the controllers:  you
reduce the risk of vioalting the DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself)
principle.  As I said in my talk at php|works, I'm lazy and want to do
the minimum amount of work to get the job done.

Time to go back to some of my apps and see how much work I'd have to
do to move some logic back to the model from the controller...will the
internal developer or the internal slacker win this one? ;)

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard