Troy Schmidt wrote:
> You will call a function that will then run an AJAX call, get the
> result, and manipulate it.  Based on the result you will create
> childNodes no innerHTML or replacing.  Actual DOM methods.  It is
> probably programming level advanced, which is below expert.  Personally
> I would recommend using jQuery if you aren't too deep in Rico.  Easier
> to write custom code with jQuery.  The difference is like coding PHP in
> CakePHP versus doing it in raw PHP.

OK, I understand what you're saying, though I was hoping not to invest
too much time in this.  I'm not married to rico -- and have been
checking out jQuery, actually.  It was very easy to get rico to update
multiple div's -- I'm not finding good doc's on jQuery's ajax methods
yet, or none that I've been able to decipher!

> So, search for add table row script and you should find one that
> doesn't use innerHTML or cloneNode.
>
> var tblBody = document.getElementById(tblId).tBodies[0];
>   var newNode = tblBody.rows[0].cloneNode(true);
>   tblBody.appendChild(newNode);
>
> So, instead of using the cloneNode you would have a whole drawn out
> process to manually create the node based on your AJAX results.

That's what I was afraid of...  I really don't want to do a lot of
low-level DOM manipulation, but it looks like that's the only way.

crap.

-Scott