Mikee Freedom wrote:
> I have found great assistance in:
>
> 1. the manual
> 2. the wiki (and now the bakery)
> 3. the various blogs around (thanks fellas)
> 4. searching google groups
> 5. the source code
> 6. the api
> 7. asking questions in here
>
> roughly in that order.

I think this list is spot-on (barring the fact that it doesn't mention
the IRC channel at all).

But I have one problem with the manual being at the top. The version
that is downloadable at cakeforge does not match the version that is at
http://manual.cakephp.org

This is a problem. It creates the idea in the new user's mind that the
two are the same, if they can even discover the cakeforge manual at
all. This incongruity needs to be taken care of. I have two requests:

1. Can manual.cakephp.org be updated to have the same content as the
cakeforge manual?
2. Can the cakeforge manual be linked to from the learn list on the
main page and as a "download" from the manual.cakephp.org pages?

If the manual at the cakePHP.org cannot be made to match the manual
available in multiple formats over at cakeforge, perhaps it should be
renamed. "An introduction to cake" or "a quick run-through of cakePHP".
Something more descriptive and that gives less chance of confusion.