On 10/25/06, Sonic Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for your response. I guess to stick with cake's portability I'll do
> these sort of tasks in the Domain logic.
>
> For future reference, if anyone's wondering about this question, and they
> are good enough to search the list before posting, here's a link to help you
> decide:
>
> http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/dblogic.html

That's a really great article.  I've printed it out to read on the
train ride home tonight.  I'm doing some refactoring of an existing
application (Rails, not CakePHP) and have to make some decisions about
this very topic.

Greatly appreciated.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard