One possible problem could be that many of the public properties you
are trying to use no longer exist.

userModel
userScope
loginError
loginRedirect

All these properties are gone now.  You also have to call Auth-
>login() in your controller, that magic was removed.  I tried to
detail most of the changes in
http://cakephp.lighthouseapp.com/projects/42648/20-auth-guide
if there is something that is still unclear, I'd be happy to update
the docs, as I doubt you'll be the only person to have these issues.

-Mark