Good point!

While it's true that something like Zend Encoder / Zend Guard can encrypt
PHP code, it's also far from a perfect solution for individuals or anyone
running on shared hosting, because usually server changes are required to
make it work (and sometimes not free ones). It's true that it *is* an
excellent way to protect PHP scripts, however!

Per the CodeEclipse page I linked to yesterday:

Some products out there (like Zend Encoder) actually encrypt your code. This
is good and bad. It's good because your code is further protected against
theft. It's bad because encrypted code requires special modules to run, and,
while those modules are usually free they are not installed on the majority
of servers, which means administrator intervention will be required to get
it running.

If you have the means, code encryption could potentially be an excellent way
to go.

Thanks,

Ben