just running some debug statements looking at paths:

debug(ROOT);
debug(WWW_ROOT);
debug(WEBROOT_DIR);
debug(APP_DIR);
debug(APP_PATH);
gives me

/home/kindlem1/public_html/elip
/home/kindlem1/public_html/elip/app/webroot/
webroot
app
/home/kindlem1/public_html/elip/app/

Which i think looks as expected.