Maybe "modeled after" may be a little too strong but this is what the
book.cakephp.org said "CakePHP is a free open-source rapid development
framework for PHP. Its a structure of libraries, classes and run-time
infrastructure for programmers creating web applications originally inspired
by the Ruby on Rails framework"

There are a few links that says that same:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/493950/how-different-is-cakephp-from-ruby-on-rails
(this has some harsh judgement toward CAhePHP though).
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/493950/how-different-is-cakephp-from-ruby-on-rails>

http://blog.endpoint.com/2010/11/ruby-on-rails-cakephp-syntax-comparison.html(more
objective comparison).

Plus if you search for "ruby" in cakephp.org, you can find 1700 pages:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acakephp.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Fiw&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=site:cakephp.org+ruby&pbx=1&oq=site:cakephp.org+ruby&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=95311l96119l3l99330l5l3l0l0l0l2l777l1970l5-2.1l3l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=23ce9c3efefc512c&biw=1200&bih=784

I do not have to state again that HAML can speed up HTML programming
minimizing the code to be written and SASS make CSS less painful to develop
and maintain adding syntactical juice that make it more object oriented.

---

Anyway, going back to the problem before using var $viewClass = 'Haml'; I
got a missed view (I have a view called "myotheraction.haml". After I
received these messages:

*Warning* (2): Missing argument 2 for HamlView::_render(), called in
/Users/chris/workspace/FL_NT-RC1/_product/lib/Cake/View/View.php on
line 364 and defined [*APP/View/haml.php*, line *257*]

*Notice* (8): Use of undefined constant VIEWS - assumed 'VIEWS'
[*APP/View/haml.php*, line *281*]

*Warning* (2):
file_put_contents(/Users/chris/workspace/FL_NT-RC1/_product/app/View/Test/otheraction.ctp)
[function.file-put-contents
<http://php.net/function.file-put-contents>]: failed to open stream:
Permission denied [*APP/View/haml.php*, line *262*]

*Notice* (8): Undefined variable: ___dataForView [*APP/View/haml.php*,
line *265*]

*Warning* (2): Missing argument 2 for HamlView::_render(), called in
/Users/chris/workspace/FL_NT-RC1/_product/lib/Cake/View/View.php on
line 413 and defined [*APP/View/haml.php*, line *257*]

*Notice* (8): Undefined variable: ___dataForView [*APP/View/haml.php*,
line *268*]

Yes, The view.php in Cake 1.3 is pretty different than View.php in
Cake 2.0. Anybody can point out how it can be fixed?

Best,
   Chris

https://github.com/goncaloesteves/phamlp/blob/master/Cake/Installatio...
>> > And I even substitute var $view = 'Haml'; => var $viewClass = 'Haml';
>>
>> > But cake give warning and notice later.

> --
> Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
http://tv.cakephp.org
> Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help
others with their CakePHP related questions.

at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php