I'd rather not add support for HAML and SASS directly to CakePHP.
This would require re-implementing both DSL's in PHP, and under a
license that is compatible with CakePHP's.  The re-implementation
alone is reason enough to not bother with it. Not to mention the
additional burden of maintaining documentation, bugs, for these
features.  These DSLs, while useful could also be interpreted as
'bloat' but people not using them.  I'd rather keep CakePHP small, and
leave features like this up to the plugin community.

-Mark