So I'm having limited/mixed results and wanted to post an update. I'm
attempting to update a fairly complex app.

I created a blank version of 2.0, then moved my files into the right folders
(so controllers into Controller etc) and then ran the upgrade all script.

- The shell didn't rename my view folders, so they are still lower case and
underscored.
- PlugIns seem to be causing a few hiccups; it's complaining about DebugToolkit
quite a bit. Have to go and see if there's a new version of it.
- I have a scattering of App::import throughout and these haven't been changed
to App::uses, so that's a bit of work as the syntax has changed (and unless I'm
missing something the second parameter is the location of the component/object
I want to call, so I have to locate them first - HttpSocket for example).
- I have used Dispatcher::baseUrl() and need to find its replacement
- I'm sure there's more issues too.

All in it's done a lot for me. Building a new app in 2.0 would be OK but as 2.0
is new and different my confidence post-upgrade is low at this point as I have
no feel for what will still need to be changed; worried that I might miss some
things that only cause issues way down the road (in production?). My app is not
functioning at this time - need to spend more time and will post back later.

My thoughts right now are: version 2.0 is clearly better, but can I justify the
time/effort/risk upgrading a 1.3 app right now?

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

http://www.classoutfit.com