Oh you mean the PHP standards group? CakePHP is far from following
that.

I think capitalized folder names are the worst kinds of implementation
and now making every folder work that way? Stupid. Yet still having
some folders not capitalized? Stupid and inconsistent. For one thing,
it requires me to hit shift multitudes more than I have to, which I
already hate doing for $this->Model and every other library. Secondly,
folders are nothing more than transparent packing of shared classes,
they are not first-class and SHOULD not be getting first class
treatment. Its logical to have class file names uppercase and
normalized as to match the class name itself, for easy lookup... you
know, like actual programming languages like Java. Its mind-blowing
that the "app" folder should require this.

I am going to assume that the reason they used uppercase folders is to
match the file loading system they implemented in 2.0, to make it
easier to match locations. Thats another problem, why are you using
uppercase arguments as well? Constants people or a better autoloader.
This was the perfect chance for CakePHP to use PHP 5.3 and ditch all
the auto-magic bullshit they built into the core to mimic namespaces
and organized packaging... but for some reason they didnt, chance
lost. Now Zend 2 and Symfony 2 will be ahead of the game.

I could keep going but I am sure you get the jist. I was going to
upgrade to 2.0 for fun but no longer have the interest and its not
like I build new apps from scratch anyways. Take it or leave it.