The problem I have is that the "app" folder uses the capitalized
folder scheme. I could care less how the Cake core does it, but now
there is another standard/convention for dev implementation. Why are
folders that have nothing to do with PHP classes being capitalized?
Doesn't look like you have a real reason for that. And on that point,
why are some lowercase and not capitalized? Looks like another
consistency problem.

@Jeremy - I don't develop in Cake anymore so I will never use 2.0. I
merely was gonna upgrade a few old apps but now have 0 interest in
doing so.

@Larry - None of what you said has any explanation as to why the app
uses this standard. Furthermore, the PHP standards says nothing about
folder capitalization, that was your choice.

@majna - I'm speaking more from Java's packaging/namespacing schema,
which is far cleaner and easier to me.

It all boils down to someone or some project that started
capitalizing, like Zend, and everyone jumped on the band wagon because
they see some very popular project do it.