Yeah, that was pretty silly.  I blame that on being up so long :-)

Now I got this error just by going to localhost, same as going to
localhost/cakery (where I put cake).

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0c PHP/5.3.8
mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.10.1 Server at localhost
Port 80