I didnĀ“t say anything about your problem only occuring when you call
the add function in your controller, moreover I have no idea what your
code is doing.

I would advise taking a look at the table before and afterwards, and
based on that if there is a strange delete or update statement in the
SQL (you have set debug to 2 and been looking at the executed sql,
haven't you?) track down the reason. You can figure that out from the
ids of the rows if there has been a delete or an insert.

If you can't find the reason, paste some code in the bin
(http://bin.cakephp.org) the cause is probably due to some
'none-conventional' way of working. Unless you are talking about HABTM
relationships, but without details I'll stop guessing ;).

HTH,

AD7six
Please note:
The manual/bakery is a good place to start any quest for info.
The cake search (at the time of writing) erroneously reports less/no
results for the google group.
The wiki may contain incorrect info - read at your own risk (it's
mainly user submitted) :)
You may get your answer quicker by asking on the IRC Channel (you can
access it with just a browser here: http://irc.cakephp.org).