I can understand your point.

You can never be secure without a good ACL system in place. But that
doesn't mean you can't have both at some level.

I think I just like to keep the options open for interesting ideas. I don't
know if I would ever encrypt the entire application, but perhaps just some
things... maybe.

I have worked on systems that are highly secured, very sensitive business
data, to sites that are simply static content delivery networks. Of course
you would never use goofy urls for anything that touched Google and the
search engine buddies. But some applications, specifically intranets, use
abstraction and deterrence as just another layer of security.