Right, so in the example I was mainly just wanting to show that I was
reaching those points in the code. Theoretically, if I remove the "print
'before redirect';" statement then I should never see "after redirect" but
I should see "in the index" upon the new page load (since that is post
redirect).

For some reason, I was still unable to redirect when I wasn't printing to
the screen before the call to exit. However, I may have just been tired and
didn't realize I still had a print before exit. So I'll try again and
respond back with the results.

Thanks