First off, change your core configuration so you aren't using the default
salt and cipherSeed (this can be found in your apps core.php file in the
Config folder), that is if this app matters which it seems like it is just
a practice app but still good practice.
It appears your routes(app Config folder, routes.php) are set so that when
you visit your tests index it will direct you towards the default home page
that is set in the cake core.
I recommend modifying this, so that when people visit your index (/) it is
routed to the controller and action of your choice. Which in this case
seems to be tests controller and action index.
The line of code will look like this
Router::connect('/', array('controller' => 'pages', 'action' => 'display',
'home'));
Modify it to
Router::connect('/', array('controller' => 'tests', 'action' => 'index');
For the record, it is not recommended to use print when debugging, if you
just want to do browser debugging use cakes debug function. You can use it
anywhere, and it accepts any type of variable and will output it cleanly.