Hi Kevin

The 'what is the best framework' debate often surfaces here, and I am yet to
see a compelling answer. It all comes down to what you feel comfortable with,
making a choice and getting stuck in. Making any choice is preferable to
pontificating. The Tree behaviour is certainly good; whether it's a deciding
factor is hard to call. I would say that - as is probably the case with any
framework or methodology - there is a pretty steep learning curve with Cake,
but that 'ah-ha!' moment comes fairly soon.It might be tougher for you with no
PHP knowledge, but then I had none when I picked it up. Both PHP and Cake are
very straightforward once you get to grips with the basics, although of course
it gets tougher once you decide to go off piste or stretch the boundaries. This
forum is on the whole, a really friendly and useful resource and we are used to
getting new folk such as yourself up and running. The Cake site also has a
couple of very good tutorials; I would urge you to give them a go and follow
them carefully. Many people jump bits and get lost, so come here for help. They
are generally fairly robustly chastised and sent back to the classroom. RTFM,
as they say. But so long as you are honest, try and help yourself and follow
the good advice you are given, you won't regret choosing Cake.

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

http://www.classoutfit.com