When I found that there is such a way to ask for help, I start to use it
and answer the questions I know how to, moving my "help activity" from this
group to Q&A.

But, after some time, I realized that the Q&A service is quite "abandoned",
much less healthy than the google group and almost hidden in the Cake
website (just a link in the top menu, whit the group much more visible an
accesible).

I think that centralize all in just one place (due to activity, this group)
will be better than split the users in two sites. Not a big problem at all
and no intention to blame anyone, just a personal thought.