- Package management - for libs/vendors/plugins - git submodules

- Migrations - mainly for database schema/content changes, but also for
filesystem changes dependent on application version (migration does have
before() and after() callbacks) - https://github.com/CakeDC/migrations

- Automated Deployment - whatever is required (Capistrano, Ant, make...),
but I prefer pure git & console shells/tasks executed from git hooks

- Assets compression  - https://github.com/markstory/asset_compress

- Workers and Background Jobs -
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/console-and-shells.html

- Namespaces for controllers -
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/development/routing.html#prefix-routing

- Access model methods from view - combination of helpers,
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/models/retrieving-your-data.html#creating-custom-find-types

and http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/models/virtual-fields.html
I prefer to not call models from views/elements/layouts/helpers, but it is
easy to obtain model instance from  ClassRegistry anywhere in application
code.

- Chaining model scopes - either build $options (conditions, fields, order,
recursive, contains...) dynamically, or custom find() type

- Tests - http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/development/testing.html - mostly
through web interface, sometimes also from git hooks and TestShell
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/development/testing.html#running-tests-from-command-line