>>   - does cakephp have facilities to accept data from complex forms, and
>>   put that data into a database?
>
> yes, indeed. i'm not sure about the complexity you are talking about,
> but for *big* forms, cake will make it simple. The only problem would be
> in multi-paged forms, but it's more about application design anda
> temporary data manipulation, than any framework, right ?

To add a little more info on the subject of multiple forms.  I have
built a "wizard" style form that has about 30 screens, using the
Post/Redirect/Get design model.

The form spans about 6 different models for storing the data and
performs some quite complex validations and transformations along the way.

Cake has proved itself to be easily up to the task.

Regards,
Langdon