Hi,
I'm dealing with an action of a controller, in which no db interaction is
required until it comes to rendering the view. inside the view, again first
half of the view doesn't need any db interactions until a form creation is
started somewhere in the middle. I'm preparing my app for production
environment so I came to the point to make it clean. there I tested the
situation in which DB is shut down and pointed the browser to that action,
what I expected was a single internal error page, but what I got was a half
rendered view, which was accompanied with the rendered error layout.
something like following:

    <h4 class="warning">        some message here    </h4>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";><html
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";><head>     <meta
http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"
/>      <title>         CakePHP: the rapid development php
framework:              Errors  </title>        <link href="/itbs/favicon.ico
<view-source:http://localhost/itbs/favicon.ico>" type="image/x-icon"
rel="icon" /><link href="/itbs/favicon.ico
<view-source:http://localhost/itbs/favicon.ico>" type="image/x-icon"
rel="shortcut icon" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="/itbs/css/cake.generic.css
<view-source:http://localhost/itbs/css/cake.generic.css>"

now my question is that how to remove this first part of half rendered view?
I tried to set $this->response->body(' '); on beforeRender of the
appController for the case that controller->name is CakeError but it didn't
work, any other suggestions?

regards,
MN