How does that help? Why wouldn't I reference the Acl component inside my
current helper?

For clarity... the helper parses a config file an build up an menu that
contains one or many links - typically <li>s into a <ul>. I want to be sure
that the current user has permissions for 'this' action before adding the <li>.

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

http://www.classoutfit.com

On 12 Jan 2013, at 03:19:45, Jamie <jamie....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean that you want to use check the user's permissions inside your
> plugin's helper? In that case, I would write another helper that you can use
> to check all of the ACL permissions.
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:21:54 PM UTC-8, Jeremy Burns wrote:
> I have a Navigation plugin that contains a helper. It's used for creating
> menus dynamically. I want to check a user's permissions via ACL before adding
> a menu item. How can I user the ACL component inside the plugin?
>
> --
> Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
> Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
>
> ---