How does that help? Well, you asked how to access ACL information inside
your plugin. That's how. As for referencing the ACL component inside of
your helper, while technically possible, that's not the best practice since
you'd be mixing the view and controller layers (since helpers live in the
view layer and components in the controller layer). So that's why I
suggested the helper.

The best method I've found, and which I've been using for a while now, is
actually to gather up the array of links that will be in your menu inside
of a component. Do all of your permissions checks there, and then set the
resulting array of links as a view variable. Then, use your helper to parse
out that array into your <ul> menu. That allows you to keep the permission
checking where it (arguably) belongs, in the controller layer, while
letting the view layer just focus on displaying the information you give to
it.

On Friday, January 11, 2013 10:09:43 PM UTC-8, Jeremy Burns wrote:

> How does that help? Why wouldn't I reference the Acl component inside my
> current helper?
>
> For clarity... the helper parses a config file an build up an menu that
> contains one or many links - typically <li>s into a <ul>. I want to be sure
> that the current user has permissions for 'this' action before adding the
> <li>.
>
> Jeremy Burns
> Class Outfit
>
> http://www.classoutfit.com
>
> On 12 Jan 2013, at 03:19:45, Jamie <jami...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> Do you mean that you want to use check the user's permissions inside your
> plugin's helper? In that case, I would write another helper that you can
> use to check all of the ACL permissions.
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:21:54 PM UTC-8, Jeremy Burns wrote:
>>
>> I have a Navigation plugin that contains a helper. It's used for creating
>> menus dynamically. I want to check a user's permissions via ACL before
>> adding a menu item. How can I user the ACL component inside the plugin?
>

> --
> Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
> Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
>
> ---