As you want to use the function for multiple controllers, so there are two
ways to achieve this,
1. Add this method to App controller : & use it via $this->methodname() in
your controller
2. Create a component which will be used in required places, & which will
be generic for that functionality. (This is the best way to use)

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:22:06 AM UTC+5:30, rd...@reclutec.com wrote:

> Hi, I'll explain the context of my problem:
>
> In my project there are companies and students, companies publish job
> opportunities and students can apply for these.
> Both companies and students inherit features from users object. So, you
> have users, companies and students.
>
> In my users controller I manage things related to users: auth, send
> messages between users, send email notifications, etc.
>
> My problem is:
>
> When a student apply to a job opportunity, the app should register its
> apply and send a message (which is managed by users controller)
>
> Basically I have this:
>
> class Users extends AppController{
>     function sendMessage(){
>         //data is recieved by post method
>     }
> }
>
> class Opportunity extends AppController{
>    function registerApply(){
>        //Here I should call the sendMessage() function with data
>    }
> }
>
> I've readed some ideas to do this, but I don't understand how to call an
> external function and send POST data.
>
> Thanks for your help.

---