Ok, couple of questions for you:

1. Are you using the new version of the code with old style version of
parameters (via array)? There were no bug fixes and new version (as I
haven't yet encountered bugs on previous version), but just so it is easy
for us to know what to debug.

2. How is your model relationship built?

3. Category -> CategoryChild sounds like a great thing for findAllThreaded,
previously calling expects() to only let models you are interested be as
results, did you consider this? From my side I use this to build an n-depth
level tree of categories and I use expect not to obtain related data to each
category and works like a charm.

Let's try to see if we can nail it down. It's weird that you would get
unexpected results as to model unbinding since the code makes use of
unbindModel() to do the actual unbinding. If we can cover the above 3 points
and you still have problems we'll debug expects() to see which models are
actually getting unbinded.

And I agree, better get this resolved now than having to deal with it later.

-MI

Remember, smart coders answer ten questions for every question they ask.
So be smart, be cool, and share your knowledge.

BAKE ON!